How To Keep Your Carpet Looking As Good As The Day You Bought It…
Carpet Cleaning is my obsession… Once upon a time carpets ruled my home. Only the kitchen and the bathroom escaped my carpets frenzy. I loved the way the carpets felt under my bare feet… I loved the way they looked (when they were stain free and freshly vacuumed). Now my love has waned. Maybe I just need a change…or maybe I’m tired of being nervous when someone is over for coffee… or maybe I just need new carpets. Vacuuming, clean up spills immediately, Using dust mats at entrances to carpeted rooms. These are just some of the things you can do. Below are some links which make up a carpeting guide to help you maintain and care for your carpets. I added information about hiring professionals. Just in case! Auckland Carpet Cleaning can provide you with a free carpet assesment report Tips. Here are five (5) carpet cleaners tips to help you maintain and care for your carpet.
Carpet Cleaning Tips
- Create a carpet cleaning schedule. Your carpet cleaners schedule should include, how often you intend to vacuum, what is your carpet cleaners system and when and who will implement your system. Dust accumulation is your carpet’s enemy. Regular vacuuming will reduce the dust level in your carpet. Two of the most popular carpet cleaning systems are steam cleaners (hot water extraction), and dry carpet cleaning.
- Clean spills immediately. It is a fact. The longer spills remain on your carpet the harder it is to clean them. Deal with them as soon as possible before you’re faced with irremovable stains.
- Use doorway mats.Using mats at entrances to carpeted rooms will help reduce the amount of dust that would have ended up on your carpet. NOTE: You need to keep these rugs vacuumed.
- Your Carpet Cleaning Supplies. Carpet Cleaners can be mild or very strong. Most contain chemicals which are highly dangerous like, hydrofluoric acid, tetrachloroethylene and butoxyethanol. When using these products please read the manufactures instructions carefully and take the necessary precautions like wearing gloves and using goggles.
- Hire a professional carpet cleaners . This is my most favorite thing to do. Let someone else worry about it. When choosing a carpet clean professional be sure you ask for references. Your carpet is an investment, you shouldn’t trust it with just anyone. Carpet Cleaning Auckland can provide you with a free carpet assesment report
To bring back the joy of buying a new carpet we often use home steam carpet cleaners for the fresh clean smell. Since carpets attract dirt from the air, even if there are no visible stains, at some point it needs to be cleaned.Carpet Cleaning Auckland using steam cleaners or dry cleaners systems are the usual carpet cleaning choices. It is up to you to decide which carpet cleaners system is right for you and your carpet. One would think that steam cleaners is better since the hotter the water the better the soot and dirt breaks up. Retracting or pulling out the water and dirt from the carpet removes most of the cleaners solution from your carpet. Of course the better vacuum and steam power is going to give you the best carpet clean, so big truck mounted machines are the best option. Carpet Cleaning Auckland . If there are pets in the home, the best cleaners are the ones particular made to grab and pick up the fur of domestic animals like cats and dogs. There are many different levels of steam cleaners which usual depends of the quality or size of their equipment i.e. truck mount. The prices vary from $100.00 to over $300.00 per home. Carpet Cleaning Auckland can provide you with a free quotation and carpet assesment report
With all the carpet cleaners services being advertised through specials, which carpet cleaning service is the best for your carpets? Carpet Cleaning Auckland. When it is time to have the carpets cleaned, where do you turn? Some of the choices you have to clean your carpets are to rent a machine and do the job yourself spend the money on buying your owe carpet cleaners machine and tackle the job, then finding the room to store it. Carpet Cleaning Auckland. After thinking about these choices, many people choose a carpet cleaning service. Are you one of them? Choosing a Carpet cleaners Service. The carpet cleaning service a person chooses now becomes the big decision. Do you choose a private company where all they do is carpet cleaning? Carpet Cleaning Auckland is your choice a department store like Auckland Steam ‘n’ Dry that advertises carpet cleaners services? Maybe you would prefer a carpet cleaning service recommendation from a friend. This is usually the best option because at least you know they were happy with the results and wouldn’t recommend the carpet cleaning service if they were disappointed. Carpet Cleaning Auckland. Another way to choose a carpet cleaners service in your area is through www.steam-n-dry.co.nz Here you describe your carpet cleaning needs and soon you have at least three carpet cleaning services in your area requesting to do the job. The website provides this service for free and allows you to view customer comments about the carpets cleaners services which contact you. Carpet Cleaning Auckland
Carpet cleaning machines
In order for a carpet cleaners machine to work properly, you would need to use some type of unit or piece of equipment to get all the dirt and allergens out from their carpets.
A carpet cleaning machine needs a type of carpet cleaners solution and hot water if the unit does not have a steamer attachment. The carpet cleaning supplies can be bought at Mitre 10s or Kmart, usually where vacuum cleaners are sold.
The machines can be very simple or the machine can have several added features. Some of the features in these machines would be a steamer feature, spin brushes and additional suction brushes. The solution is sold with the machine but usually you need to buy more if you are planning to clean more than one room. Auckland Carpet Cleaning can uses supeior truck mount machines and can provide you with a free carpets assesment report
Professional Carpet Cleaning
As a professional carpets cleaner your success depends on the kind of job you do for your clients. When a customer is satisfied with your carpet cleaners work, they will not hesitate to call you when their carpets needs cleaning again. They will refer you to their friends, their friends will in turn refer you to their friends and so on. Without even placing a carpet cleaning ad in the paper your phone will ring with prospective clients on the other end. However to get to the point of having to turn away new clients, you need to use truck mounted carpet cleaning equipment that cleans carpets effectively. Using efficient truck mount carpet cleaners equipment, you can leave your clients more than satisfied with the job you’ve done, so that if anyone should ask them,”Can you recommend a good carpets cleaner?” yours would be the name on their tongue. Carpet Cleaning Auckland. Wecan provide you with a 7 times better carpet cleaning result than most of its competitors
How to Make Your Carpets Last Longer
In this article we outline some tips to help you get more life out of your carpets.
- Rearrange Your Furniture. It is good to move your furniture from time to time to change the traffic pattern in your house. Your carpets is worn down faster where people walk.
- Vacuum Clean Regularly. Dirt helps wear down the fibers in your carpets. Vacuum carpets regularly and place a welcome mat at your home’s entrances. Also consider a “no shoes” policy. High traffic areas can often use vacuuming once a day while low traffic areas can be vacuumed a couple of times a week.
- Area Rugs. Depending on how your house is laid out you may have some areas that will have high traffic regardless of how your furniture is arranged. Consider a area rugs in these locations.
- Don’t Let Dirt In. Keep the walk ways leading to your house clean. This will cut down on the amount of dirt that is tracked into your house. Graeme Stephens an IICRC certified “Master Restoration Technician, Carpet Cleaning Auckland has proudly been providing the following professional services since 1987.
- Shampoo Rugs. Shampoo rugs at least once a year. Consult your manufacturers specifications for what type of cleaners equipment and/or detergents are appropriate for your type of carpets.
- Spill Awareness. Treat spills quickly for the best chance of avoiding a stain. If you have kids, make sure they know that they need to tell you about spills immediately so they do not have time to set.
- Snip Loose Threads. To remove a loose thread that sticks up above the fiber use scissors to snip it instead of pulling on it which can pull out more than just the thread.
- Designate Eating Areas. Many spills can introduce oils into your carpets which attract dirt and help lead to a dingy looking carpets. The less you eat in carpeted areas the better your chances are of avoiding these types of spills. The cleaner you can keep your carpets the longer it will last. Hopefully these tips help you get more life out of your carpet. Carpet Cleaning Auckland can provide you with a free carpet assesment report 09-489 5599
Carpet Cleaning for Health in Winter
Carpets can improve indoor air quality by acting as a filter similar to your central heating and cooling system. They trap circulating particles that are pulled by gravity to the floor. However, when they become soiled, the filtering benefit becomes reduced. Therefore, you should have carpet cleaning and rug cleaners performed by professional carpet cleaners and rug cleaners to remove the accumulated soils, pollen, food particles and other contaminants. Carpet Cleaning Auckland
Health considerations for removing pollutants from your carpets and rugs:
- Children playing on the carpets
- Allergy and Asthma considerations from dust and allergens
- Dust Allergies from Dust Mite Components
- Reducing the potential of biologically induced illness
Your carpets is Like a Sink Filter
Your carpets acts as a filter similar to the one in your central heating and cooling system because it traps accumulated soils, pollen, food particles, and other contaminants. Regular professional carpet cleaning and rug cleaners is about more than appearance, it is about health. People come in and out of your home; pets live there; you eat, sleep, and breathe there. That means air control is important. A clean carpet traps circulating particles pulled by gravity from the air to the floor. The indoor air quality is improved until the carpets fibers become saturated. Then, their filtering benefit is reduced by allowing the trapped particle to be released back into the air. It is as important to have your carpet cleaning and rug cleaners performed regularly by professionals and it is also important to change your heating/air-conditioning filters regularly. Carpet Cleaning Auckland
Dust mites are another issue to consider
Around 70% of the people who have house dust allergies are also sensitive to air borne “Mite Components” (protein in their fecal pellets and dead body parts). Dust mites feed off of microscopic fragments of human skin cells as well as fungi and bacteria. Because a person sheds approximately 50 million skin cells a day, dust mites can have an abundant food supply available in a dirty carpets. Regular carpet cleaning and rug cleaners by professionals is recommended to control the significant health problems linked to dust allergies. Carpet cleaners Auckland
Action to improve indoor air quality and minimize allergens to breathe
- Change your heating & cooling system filters regularly
- Install entry mats to reduce the amount of dirt particles entering the building.
- Vacuum your carpets regularly
- Have your carpets and rugs cleaned regularly by professional carpet cleaners and to remove the dirt and allow your carpets to serve as a filtering medium.
Areas Carpet Cleaning Auckland Services
South Auckland, Ponsonby, Eastern Bays, Eastern Suburbs, Western Suburbs, Manukau City, Waitakere City, Cbd, North Shore, Shore, Waitakere, Manukau, Howick, Pakaranga, Titirangi, East Auckland, Hibiscus Coast, Whangaparoa, Rodney District, Manurewa, Botany, East Tamaki, Otara, Dannemora, Otahuhu, Onehunga, Papatoetoe, Pukekohe, Papakura, Mangere, Manerewa, Parnel, City, Hernebay, West Auckland, North Shore Auckland, West Habour, Albany, Botany, Glenfield, Nth Shore, Auckland Cbd, Pt Chev, New Lynn, Henderson, Te Atatu South, Te Atatu Penisula, Auckland City, North Shore, Glendene, Glen Eden, Hobsonville, Orewa, Brownsbay, North Shore,Manukau CityPanmure, Ellerslie, Mt Wellington, Penrose, Greenlane, Remuera, Newmarket, Epsom, Mt Roskill, Mt Albert, Massey, Greenhieth, Birkdale, Birkenhead, Takapuna , North Habour, North Auckland, Devonport, Milford, East Coast Bays,
Carpet Cleaners Equipment
There are a range of carpet cleaners equipment for you to choose use. From carpets vacuum cleaners to carpets extractors (these are usually used by carpet cleaners professionals). Of course the carpet cleaning equipment you purchase or rent depends on how much carpet cleaners you do on your own. If you simply wish to reduce the accumulation of dust on your carpets on a regular basis and leave the deep carpet clean to the professionals, then you can simply choose from the following carpet cleaning equipment.