Have you been struggling with carpet beetle extermination for the last couple of months but to no avail? If you have answered yes to this question then you need to know that you are not alone. Carpet beetles are familiar pests in not only homes, but also business premises. Other than causing havoc to your carpet, they can also damage your stored foodstuffs as well as clothes.
Carpet beetle extermination is as complex as trying to eliminate cockroaches plus termites. This is because it’s next to impossible to have an absolutely clean house that is free from food crumbs, and these pests love to feed on human food. Getting rid of carpet beetles does not require the mind of a rocket scientist. With the right information you should be able to get rid of carpet beetles with ease since most of the items you need to exterminate them are readily available in the home.
Following are tips and guidelines on carpet beetle extermination.
- Vacuum cleaner
- An ironing box
- Pesticide spray
- Bleach spray
Note: Before buying a pesticide, make sure you have selected the one that will kill the carpet beetles.
- First and foremost, you need to identify all the places in your house where carpet beetles are. As stated earlier, carpet beetles can also find refuge in dressers and clothing drawers. Therefore, you need to carefully go through all your stowage places where carpet beetles could be hiding.
- Using the vacuum cleaner, vacuum the whole house at least thrice so as to get rid of tiny food particles or dead pests that the carpet beetles in your house could be feeding on. Pay close attention to corners as well as seat cushions so as to eradicate food crump.
- Wash all linens which might be infested with carpet beetles using hot water so as to exterminate larvae. If you do not have a dryer, then air them in the sun and later iron them so ensure traces of eggs and larvae are eradicated.
- Wash every countertops plus baseboards using bleach spray to prevent and exterminate carpet beetles.
- Use a pesticide that has been specially developed to exterminate carpet beetles to spray your dressers, drawers, tables, chairs and shelves and any other area where carpet beetles could be residing. Spray the areas thrice so as to be certain that the problem has been completely eliminated. However, before proceeding with the spray, ensure that you have read the product label.
- If there are foodstuffs that have been infested with carpet beetles, freeze them for at least 2 days. This is done so as to exterminate the eggs.
You can prevent your house from being infested in the future by carpet beetles by ensuring that your house is cleaned on a regular basis. In addition, make it a habit to spray furniture with pesticides at least every 30 days.
Carpet Cleaning Auckland 09-489 5599
Carpet Cleaning Auckland has proudly been providing professional carpet cleaning services in the following Auckland areas since 1987:
Manukau, Howick, Pakaranga, Botany, Panmure, Ellerslie, Mt Wellington, Penrose, Greenlane, Remuera, Newmarket, Epsom, Mt Roskill, Mt Albert, Manurewa, Botany, East Tamaki, Otara, Dannemora, Otahuhu, Onehunga, Papatoetoe, Pukekohe, Papakura, Mangere, Manerewa, Parnel, City, Hernebay, Ponsonby, Pt Chev, New Lynn, Henderson, South Auckland, East Auckland, West Auckland, North Shore Auckland, Eastern Bays, Eastern Suburbs, Western Suburbs, Manukau City, Waitakere City, Cbd, North Shore, Shore, Waitakere, Te Atatu South, Te Atatu Penisula, Auckland City, North Shore, Glendene, Glen Eden, Titirangi, Massey, Greenhieth, West Habour, Hobsonville, Orewa, Brownsbay, North Shore, Glenfield, Birkdale, Birkenhead, Takapuna , North Habour, North Auckland, Devonport, Milford, East Coast Bays, Hibiscus Coast, Whangaparoa, Rodney District, Albany, Nth Shore, Auckland Cbd, Manukau City