You might remember the inexpensive and shiny nylon carpets of old, but improvements over the past decade have made nylon the market dominator. The greatest advance in nylon in recent years is the expansion of solution-dyed nylon in the residential market. In solution-dyed carpets, color is added to the fiber during production, instead of being applied to the surface afterwards, meaning it’s more colorfast against cleaning and sunlight. It is very stain-resistant and stubborn spots can be removed with bleach-based solutions with no damage to the carpet’s color.
- Nylon is a tough and resilient man-made fiber.
- It resists mildew and damage from insects.
- A lot of the better-quality nylons mimic the luxurious look of wool with added in stain resistance.
- You should definitely avoid cheap brands of nylon, as they can flatten and matt rapidly and may also have issues with static electricity.
- The range of solution-dyed nylon continues to be fairly limited but increasing constantly.
Where to Use
High-traffic areas for families with children and/or pets since you can easily get stains out of it.
Wool carpets continues to be a favorite for their warmth, luxurious feel and durability. In general, wool is more expensive than other fibers, but price depends on the quality and construction of the carpet. Wool is frequently blended with other fibers, such as nylon (see Blends).
- Wool has outstanding resilience, so it recovers well from crushing and retains its appearance.
- It resists liquid-based spillages and also releases dirt easily because of the unique structure of wool fiber.
- A good-quality wool carpet should outlast any other type.
- In contrast to nylon, wool can’t be treated for stain resistance, therefore spillages need to be taken care of immediately.
- It is usually worth spending a tad bit more on wool. Cheap wool carpets has to be avoided as the poorer-quality wool yarns are likely to pill.
Where to Use
Living areas where appearance is essential.
Polypropylene is a synthetic fiber, well-known for its low cost and durability.
- It is much less expensive than wool or nylon.
- It is colorfast and durable, plus it also resists water-based stains as well as mildew.
- It is almost certainly going to show up soil marks compared to some other fibers, particularly grease.
- It features a rougher feel and less expensive look than other fibers.
- It will wear out quicker as compared with other fibers.
- When choosing polypropylene, ensure that you buy loop pile, as the pile flattens easily (see Cut or loop).
Where to Use
Rental properties, playrooms and garages – or for people who find themselves with limited funds.
The magnificent Axminster and Wilton carpets use an 80/20 wool/nylon blend.
- This blend comes with the same quality and durability like pure wool.
- These carpets are known as woven for the reason that individual threads are woven into the backing, rather than stitched as with the regular tufted carpets, which makes them incredibly durable.
- 50/50 wool/nylon blends – mainly because they can be difficult to clean, as stain-resistance cannot be added to the nylon when it is blended. These blends also have a tendency to use poorer-quality wool yarn that will pill.
Carpet Cleaning Auckland 09-489 5599
Manukau, Howick, Pakuranga, Botany, Panmure, Ellerslie, Mt Wellington, Penrose, Greenlane, Remuera, Newmarket, Epsom, Mt Roskill, Mt Albert, Manurewa, Botany, East Tamaki, Otara, Dannemora, Otahuhu, Onehunga, Papatoetoe, Pukekohe, Papakura, Mangere, Manerewa, Parnel, City, Hernebay, Ponsonby, Pt Chev, New Lynn, Henderson, South Auckland, East Auckland, West Auckland, North Shore Auckland, Eastern Bays, Eastern Suburbs, Western Suburbs, Manukau City, Waitakere City, Cbd, North Shore, Shore, Waitakere, Te Atatu South, Te Atatu Penisula, Auckland City, North Shore, Glendene, Glen Eden, Titirangi, Massey, Greenhieth, West Habour, Hobsonville, Orewa, Brownsbay, North Shore, Glenfield, Birkdale, Birkenhead, Takapuna , North Habour, North Auckland, Devonport, Milford, East Coast Bays, Hibiscus Coast, Whangaparoa, Rodney District, Albany, Nth Shore, Auckland Cbd, Manukau City