Importance of Cleaning Grout
Routine grout cleaning keeps grime, germs and bacteria out of your home. It also safeguards against discoloration, and keeps tiles from getting broken down by mildew, mold and moisture. It is necessary to know how to clean grout. Despite the fact that there are many ways of cleaning grout, the simplest way to clean, kill germs and get rid of stains is by using a steam cleaner.
Easy Methods to Clean Grout
Tiled areas can be probably the most beautiful areas in your home. But they may well also be the most difficult to areas to keep clean. The following are 8 simple tips to clean your tiled areas and keep them looking like they’re brand new.
- Clean and maintain your tiles regularly. Kitchen tiled areas should be washed no less than 2-3 times per week. If they aren’t, food and other dirt particles will in a short time build up in the grout. A very quick wipe down will do the job; make absolutely certain you do it every day. Shower as well as bath tiles need a 1-2 times per week cleaning. This will protect against any build-up of dirt, soap scum, and mildew.
- Concerning tiled floor areas, use a one to one ratio of vinegar/water solution with about 2- 3 tablespoons of baking soda per quart of water. Spray it on and allow it to sit for about 10 minutes, then scrub it with a grout brush(or old toothbrush). There after rinse with water and dry thoroughly. The vinegar will break down the dirt along with other grime that is in the grout. You can make some more heavy duty cleaner by adding 2 or 3 tablespoons of baking soda to the mixture.
- Use tools such as a scraper or a heavy duty grout brush for hard to reach areas like around the bath and sink fixtures. Initially, wet the whole tile area down, wait for a few minutes, and then last scrub the grout. Rinse well and then dry by using an old towel. In case you would like a little extra power for the small crevices, you can use soap or baking soda on the toothbrush.
- Never use hard chemicals. Harsh chemicals actually eat away at the grout and tile doing damage to it over time. Just use mild solutions (such as one to one vinegar, lemon juice solutions, and plain water) or commercial cleaners.
- Use rugs for areas which are trafficked significantly. Areas for instance the front door and in front of the sink in the kitchen benefit from an extra layer of protection. Having a mat in the way dirt cannot as easily make its way into the grout.Â But make sure you clean the rugs on a regular basis.
- To brighten as well as whiten grout and tiles, use bleach. However, make certain you only use it on white surfaces or you will bleach colored areas or colored grout. Allow the bleach to sit on the area for about 10 minutes, rinse with water, and dry. (For fixing stain on colored tiles see tip #8.)
- Seal your grout. This prevents dirt and grime from getting trapped in the grout making it simpler to clean.
- Fresh lemon juice cleans away stains in grout. Simply put a few drops on the discolored area, wait 10 – 15 minutes and wipe it dry. Lemon juice is yet another disinfectant & it leaves your home smelling fresh and invigorating.
An extra tip for a quick clean: About every month, put 1/4 to 1/2 cups of straight vinegar (supermarket variety) or bleach down shower, bath, and sink (which includes kitchen disposals) drains. This inhibits excessive build up of hair and other dirt and greases that clog drains.
Last but not least, have fun cleaning! And take it easy in your shining clean house.
Carpet Cleaning Auckland 09-489 5599
Carpet Cleaning Auckland has proudly been providing professional carpet cleaning services in the following Auckland areas since 1987:
Manukau, Howick, Pakaranga, Botany, Panmure, Ellerslie, Mt Wellington, Penrose, Greenlane, Remuera, Newmarket, Epsom, Mt Roskill, Mt Albert, Manurewa, Botany, East Tamaki, Otara, Dannemora, Otahuhu, Onehunga, Papatoetoe, Pukekohe, Papakura, Mangere, Manerewa, Parnel, City, Hernebay, Ponsonby, Pt Chev, New Lynn, Henderson, South Auckland, East Auckland, West Auckland, North Shore Auckland, Eastern Bays, Eastern Suburbs, Western Suburbs, Manukau City, Waitakere City, Cbd, North Shore, Shore, Waitakere, Te Atatu South, Te Atatu Penisula, Auckland City, North Shore, Glendene, Glen Eden, Titirangi, Massey, Greenhieth, West Habour, Hobsonville, Orewa, Brownsbay, North Shore, Glenfield, Birkdale, Birkenhead, Takapuna , North Habour, North Auckland, Devonport, Milford, East Coast Bays, Hibiscus Coast, Whangaparoa, Rodney District, Albany, Nth Shore, Auckland Cbd, Manukau City
Carpet Cleaning | Quality Control | Carpet Cleaners Guarantee | Auckland Carpet Steam ‘n’ Dry | About Us|Reviews | Blogs | Specials | Contact Us | Pest Control Auckland Steam ‘n’ Dry | Pest Control Auckland |The Carpet & Rug Institute (CRI) | Carpet Cleaning Auckland | Carpet Repairs Auckland | Flood Restoration Auckland | Our 55oC Carpet Clean kills Dust Mites | Upholstery Cleaning Auckland | Stain Removal Auckland|Fibre Stain Protection Auckland | Carpet Cleaners Auckland | Tile & Grout Cleaning Auckland |Auckland Carpet Cleaning