Cleaning Carpet Stain and Removal Guidelines Using Household Products
There are a number of products on the market to help you clean stains. Moreover, there are many ways that you can clean them without chemicals at all. Here is an incredibly useful tool that will provide you with some solutions when it comes to handling carpet stains.
Below are some of the selections to cleaning your carpet that you can use.
- Create a solution of one part of white vinegar with one part of water.
- Use on the stain using a spray bottle to saturate.
- Let the stain sit for about ten to fifteen minutes.
- With a sponge, clean in a rubbing motion.
- Rinse with warm water.
- Brush the pile back into the natural direction is has.
- Making use of layers of white paper towels, place paper towel on top of area, place a book on atop that. Allow it to sit this way until it has dried.
Ammonia solution: One teaspoon of clear, household type ammonia to a half of a cup of water. This solution can be used in a spray bottle or be applied to the carpet directly. It is important not to wet the carpets backing when apply. After applying solution, use white paper towels to blot. Allow to dry completely.
Detergent solution: A detergent solution can be made of hand soap or dish soap. The combination is one quarter of a teaspoon of detergent to one quart of water. Make sure the soap does not contain bleach or lanolin.
- Blot the stain with white paper towels to remove as much of the solution as possible.
- Apply detergent solution from a spray bottle.
- Rub the area.
- Blot out the stain and detergent.
Â Selection D:
Isopropyl rubbing alcohol can be purchased at your grocery store or department store.
- Apply it by pouring some onto a clean, white towel or other cloth. Paper towels can be used as long as they are white.
- Blot until as much as possible until stain is removed. Be careful. If the stain is small, blot in one direction only so that you do not spread the stain.
Often, good old fashioned water can re-hydrate the stain to help with removal. Large spills can be cleaned up with a wet dry vac or a steam cleaner. Dry as thoroughly as possible.
Lemon juice can be used to remove some tough stains. To use it:
- Store bought lemon juice is fine as long as it does not contain added ingredients.
- Using a spray bottle, spray a good amount onto the affected area but do not wet the padding.
- Allow to sit up to five or six minutes.
- Blot with a paper towel to remove.
Not all stains can be eliminated. Some bring about permanent damage to the carpeting. Additionally, it is very important that you take the time to know the proper cleaning directions provided by the carpet manufacturer. Some carpets that are manufactured from natural fibers, such as wool, should not be handled in this way. Some carpets with specific dyes also need particular care. In case you aren’t sure, find an inconspicuous area of the carpet then test for color fastness. If you’re still not sure, contact us Carpet Cleaning Auckland professional carpet cleaners. We are experts who know how to go about removing a stain on your specific carpet.
Carpet Cleaning Auckland 09-489 5599
Carpet Cleaning Auckland has proudly been providing professional carpet cleaning services in the following Auckland areas since 1987:
Manukau, Howick, Pakaranga, Botany, Panmure, Ellerslie, Mt Wellington, Penrose, Greenlane, Remuera, Newmarket, Epsom, Mt Roskill, Mt Albert, Manurewa, Botany, East Tamaki, Otara, Dannemora, Otahuhu, Onehunga, Papatoetoe, Pukekohe, Papakura, Mangere, Manerewa, Parnel, City, Hernebay, Ponsonby, Pt Chev, New Lynn, Henderson, South Auckland, East Auckland, West Auckland, North Shore Auckland, Eastern Bays, Eastern Suburbs, Western Suburbs, Manukau City, Waitakere City, Cbd, North Shore, Shore, Waitakere, Te Atatu South, Te Atatu Penisula, Auckland City, North Shore, Glendene, Glen Eden, Titirangi, Massey, Greenhieth, West Habour, Hobsonville, Orewa, Brownsbay, North Shore, Glenfield, Birkdale, Birkenhead, Takapuna , North Habour, North Auckland, Devonport, Milford, East Coast Bays, Hibiscus Coast, Whangaparoa, Rodney District, Albany, Nth Shore, Auckland Cbd, Manukau City
Carpet Cleaning | Quality Control | Carpet Cleaners Guarantee | Auckland Carpet Steam ‘n’ Dry | About Us|Reviews | Blogs | Specials | Contact Us | Pest Control Auckland Steam ‘n’ Dry | Pest Control Auckland |The Carpet & Rug Institute (CRI) | Carpet Cleaning Auckland | Carpet Repairs Auckland | Flood Restoration Auckland | Our 55oC Carpet Clean kills Dust Mites | Upholstery Cleaning Auckland | Stain Removal Auckland|Fibre Stain Protection Auckland | Carpet Cleaners Auckland | Tile & Grout Cleaning Auckland |Auckland Carpet Cleaning