Cut Pile or Loop Pile
In cut pile carpets the loops are cut at the top, leaving tufts of yarn that stand straight up. Cut pile has a more luxurious, formal look compared to loop pile.
Popular cut styles include:
- Velvet/ plush carpets, which are smooth, soft and elegant. The carpet pile is cut several times to create a velvety sheen, but this also shows every footprint. It’s best used for formal areas.
- Saxony carpets are similar to velvet, but not quite as smooth.
- Freize/twist carpets have tightly twisted fibers that curl slightly at the pile surface. They hide footprints and vacuum marks, making them suitable for high-traffic areas.
These carpets are made up of individual strands of yarn pulled through the carpet backing twice to create a small loop. Loops can be all the same height (level loop pile) or two or three different heights (multi-level or modulated loop pile), to create a pattern. Carpets with short level loop pile are suited to high-traffic areas and are comparatively easy to maintain.Multi-level loop pile gives a more textured appearance and is becoming increasingly popular.
Loop pile tends to give a more casual look and is less susceptible to footprint marks and shading (the appearance of irregular light and dark areas) than cut-pile carpets.
Popular loop styles include:
- Berber carpets, which have thick yarns tufted into chunky loop tufts. They’re usually in earth tones with a ‘flecked’ appearance â€” excellent for hiding stains.
- Sisal-style/cord carpets have tighter loops than berbers, creating a stiffer feel. The loop lines can be either all the same height or alternating heights. These carpets are good for high-traffic areas.
Combination Cut and Loop Pile
These carpets have a combination of cut and looped yarns and can create sculptured effects such as squares, swirls and so on.
This effect is good for hiding dirt and footprints.
Carpet Cleaning Auckland 09-489 5599
Carpet Cleaning Auckland has proudly been providing professional carpet cleaning services in the following Auckland areas since 1987:
Manukau, Howick, Pakaranga, Botany, Panmure, Ellerslie, Mt Wellington, Penrose, Greenlane, Remuera, Newmarket, Epsom, Mt Roskill, Mt Albert, Manurewa, Botany, East Tamaki, Otara, Dannemora, Otahuhu, Onehunga, Papatoetoe, Pukekohe, Papakura, Mangere, Manerewa, Parnel, City, Hernebay, Ponsonby, Pt Chev, New Lynn, Henderson, South Auckland, East Auckland, West Auckland, North Shore Auckland, Eastern Bays, Eastern Suburbs, Western Suburbs, Manukau City, Waitakere City, Cbd, North Shore, Shore, Waitakere, Te Atatu South, Te Atatu Penisula, Auckland City, North Shore, Glendene, Glen Eden, Titirangi, Massey, Greenhieth, West Habour, Hobsonville, Orewa, Brownsbay, North Shore, Glenfield, Birkdale, Birkenhead, Takapuna , North Habour, North Auckland, Devonport, Milford, East Coast Bays, Hibiscus Coast, Whangaparoa, Rodney District, Albany, Nth Shore, Auckland Cbd, Manukau City
Carpet Cleaning | Quality Control | Carpet Cleaners Guarantee | Auckland Carpet Steam ‘n’ Dry | About Us | Reviews | Blogs | Specials | Contact Us | Pest Control Auckland Steam ‘n’ Dry | Pest Control Auckland | The Carpet & Rug Institute (CRI) | Carpet Cleaning Auckland | Carpet Repairs Auckland | Flood Restoration Auckland | Our 55oC Carpet Clean kills Dust Mites | Upholstery Cleaning Auckland | Stain Removal Auckland | Fibre Stain Protection Auckland | Carpet Cleaners Auckland | Tile & Grout Cleaning Auckland | Auckland Carpet Cleaning