One way whereby you can enhance the appearance of your house is by carrying out renovation process once in a while. Replacing worn-out carpets can give your house the required facelift without having to spend lots of money. Although most people like hiring professional handymen to handle this simple task, it is a chore that you can easily complete in less than 4 hours if you have the right information to guide you through the entire process. The only challenges you’ll encounter while installing the wall-to-wall carpet are aches on the back and also the knees. One more reason why a majority of people are scared of laying their wall-to-wall carpet is because they are afraid their friends and family will notice that the work was performed by an amateur.
But, as mentioned earlier, you can finish the work without leaving traces of bumps if you’ve got the right information to guide you. Therefore, if you would like to know how to lay carpet, you will find the information given in this article quite fascinating to read.
Tackled here are suggestions and instructions on how to lay carpet.
Prior to getting into this task, ensure that you have the following set up:
These things can easily be obtained from a local home improvement or hardware shop.
Below are instructions on how to lay carpet:
- To start with, you need to remove the old and worn-out carpet. Begin by removing the moldings surrounding the floor. In making your work easier while removing and bringing in the new carpet, it’s strongly suggested that you remove the door. Additionally, make sure that you have vacuumed the old rug so as to avoid inhaling dust.
- After that, make use of the utility knife to incise the rug into strips of about eighteen and twenty four inches.
- Begin from one end and then jerk the rug from the tack strip and turn it over in bits. While many individuals think that they can recycle their current carpet by laying it underneath the new one, it’s not a wise decision given that it will have been worn-out and may contain pests which will infest the new rug.
- Remove the current tack strips and be sure that the floor is washed and dried. Prior to laying the new carpet, ensure that the subfloor is well secured so that you can avoid squeaking while walking on the carpet.
- Fix the new tack strips throughout the edges of the room. Leave a room of approximately 1.5 inches between the wall and the strips. Make sure all of the tacks are facing the wall. At the ends, check that the tack strips are hammered securely against each other.
Carpet Cleaning Auckland 09-489 5599
Manukau, Howick, Pakuranga, Botany, Panmure, Ellerslie, Mt Wellington, Penrose, Greenlane, Remuera, Newmarket, Epsom, Mt Roskill, Mt Albert, Manurewa, Botany, East Tamaki, Otara, Dannemora, Otahuhu, Onehunga, Papatoetoe, Pukekohe, Papakura, Mangere, Manerewa, Parnel, City, Hernebay, Ponsonby, Pt Chev, New Lynn, Henderson, South Auckland, East Auckland, West Auckland, North Shore Auckland, Eastern Bays, Eastern Suburbs, Western Suburbs, Manukau City, Waitakere City, Cbd, North Shore, Shore, Waitakere, Te Atatu South, Te Atatu Penisula, Auckland City, North Shore, Glendene, Glen Eden, Titirangi, Massey, Greenhieth, West Habour, Hobsonville, Orewa, Brownsbay, North Shore, Glenfield, Birkdale, Birkenhead, Takapuna , North Habour, North Auckland, Devonport, Milford, East Coast Bays, Hibiscus Coast, Whangaparoa, Rodney District, Albany, Nth Shore, Auckland Cbd, Manukau City