Easy Methods To Remove Carpet
Are you thinking about removing your old carpet? In contrast to what you may have heard, it’s not that difficult to remove a carpet. It’s something that you can do by yourself. In the event you would like to install a new carpet or desire to build a wooden floor, then you can save a lot of money by taking out the old worn-out carpet by yourself. Below are tips and guidelines on how to remove carpet in a matter of minutes.
Prior to getting into the task, ensure that you have the following tools set up:
Pry or crow bar
Here are instructions on how to remove carpet:
- Hold the carpet on one end of the room after which jerk it from the staple strip.
- Making use of the utility knife, slice approximately three inches into the carpet from one end. Slice the strip from one end to the other.
- Turn over the sliced bit of the carpet, jerking it from the staple bit where needed.
- Work with the masking tape to hold the rolled carpet.
- Continue with the slicing and turning over of the carpet until it has been completely removed.
- Slice and reel bits of the rug padding the same way as you did initially with the rug till you are without doubt the rug padding has been eliminated.
- Use the pry or crowbar tool and a hammer to remove the nail bit, where necessary. Slide the pry tool beneath the nail bit close to the tack. Hit the pry tool into position with the hammer. Take away the nail using the pry tool.
The things you need to know:
- You should keep on changing the blade on your utility knife in order to make your work easy as it will become blunt after some time while cutting the rug.
- Rather than using a traditional knife to cut the carpet, go to your local home depot store and buy a carpet-cutting knife. They are better compared to the traditional knife.
- If you would like to build a hard-flooring instead of the carpet, it’s important to get rid of the nail strips. On the other hand, if you wish to replace a worn-out rug, everything you should do is to eliminate the previous nail strip.
Carpet Cleaning Auckland 09-489 5599
Carpet Cleaning Auckland has proudly been providing professional carpet cleaning services in the following Auckland areas since 1987:
Manukau, Howick, Pakaranga, Botany, Panmure, Ellerslie, Mt Wellington, Penrose, Greenlane, Remuera, Newmarket, Epsom, Mt Roskill, Mt Albert, Manurewa, Botany, East Tamaki, Otara, Dannemora, Otahuhu, Onehunga, Papatoetoe, Pukekohe, Papakura, Mangere, Manerewa, Parnel, City, Hernebay, Ponsonby, Pt Chev, New Lynn, Henderson, South Auckland, East Auckland, West Auckland, North Shore Auckland, Eastern Bays, Eastern Suburbs, Western Suburbs, Manukau City, Waitakere City, Cbd, North Shore, Shore, Waitakere, Te Atatu South, Te Atatu Penisula, Auckland City, North Shore, Glendene, Glen Eden, Titirangi, Massey, Greenhieth, West Habour, Hobsonville, Orewa, Brownsbay, North Shore, Glenfield, Birkdale, Birkenhead, Takapuna , North Habour, North Auckland, Devonport, Milford, East Coast Bays, Hibiscus Coast, Whangaparoa, Rodney District, Albany, Nth Shore, Auckland Cbd, Manukau City
Carpet Cleaning | Quality Control | Carpet Cleaners Guarantee | Auckland Carpet Steam ‘n’ Dry | About Us|Reviews | Blogs | Specials | Contact Us | Pest Control Auckland Steam ‘n’ Dry | Pest Control Auckland | The Carpet & Rug Institute (CRI) | Carpet Cleaning Auckland | Carpet Repairs Auckland | Flood Restoration Auckland | Our 55oC Carpet Clean kills Dust Mites | Upholstery Cleaning Auckland | Stain Removal Auckland|Fibre Stain Protection Auckland | Carpet Cleaners Auckland | Tile & Grout Cleaning Auckland | Auckland Carpet Cleaning