Listed below are things that will help you clean your tile and grout. These do’s and don’ts can aid in simplifying your daily routine and make your tile and grout cleaning much easier. Sticking with these easy measures will also help to preserve your tile and keep your grout cleaner, making grout cleaning a snap.
- Use throw mats in areas of high traffic area like entry ways, walk ways, and in front of the kitchen sink.
- Clean on a regular basis to avoid gunk build up
- Take the time to clean the tile and scrub out the grout.
- Get the area of tile your are working on wet prior to starting. A little time to soak in may help you save some time scrubbing.
- Make use of a tile disinfectant. This is fantastic for killing germs, bacteria, mold, and mildew (not killed mold and mildew could damage the tile).
- Guarantee when you are done that you dry the area thoroughly. This will enable the tile to last longer.
- It is recommended and definitely a good idea to use a kneeling pad or a soft cushion, particularly if it will be for a long time. Your knees will be relieved you did.
- Seal your grouts or have them sealed on a regular basis (every 2 to 3 years). This helps them preserve their original color and keeps the dirt out.
- Change chipped, cracked, or broken tiles at the earliest opportunity. Not changing out broken tiles can ultimately result in higher priced problem later on down the road. Mold and mildew could possibly get trapped in the tile and break them down faster. (This goes double with regard to tile roofs.)
- Have fun. Take time to admire work when you are done.
- Use harsh adhesives which often could damage the tile grout.
- Allow water to sit on tile for too long since doing so can get under the tile and cause damage.
- Mix ammonia along with bleach, which creates lethal chlorine gas.
- Use harsh chemicals. Sooner or later, these can destroy the grout and tiles. It might be wise to use a mild cleaner first and then gradually use a stronger solution to the level a required to remove spots.
- Use coarse scrubbers which could scratch the tile.
- Use colored cleaners which could stain the grout.
Maintaining tile and grout clean is very important for lengthening the life of tiled areas. These are the few essential tips to take into account while you clean your tile and grout.
Carpet Cleaning Auckland 09-489 5599
Carpet Cleaning Auckland has proudly been providing professional carpet cleaning services in the following Auckland areas since 1987:
Manukau, Howick, Pakaranga, Botany, Panmure, Ellerslie, Mt Wellington, Penrose, Greenlane, Remuera, Newmarket, Epsom, Mt Roskill, Mt Albert, Manurewa, Botany, East Tamaki, Otara, Dannemora, Otahuhu, Onehunga, Papatoetoe, Pukekohe, Papakura, Mangere, Manerewa, Parnel, City, Hernebay, Ponsonby, Pt Chev, New Lynn, Henderson, South Auckland, East Auckland, West Auckland, North Shore Auckland, Eastern Bays, Eastern Suburbs, Western Suburbs, Manukau City, Waitakere City, Cbd, North Shore, Shore, Waitakere, Te Atatu South, Te Atatu Penisula, Auckland City, North Shore, Glendene, Glen Eden, Titirangi, Massey, Greenhieth, West Habour, Hobsonville, Orewa, Brownsbay, North Shore, Glenfield, Birkdale, Birkenhead, Takapuna , North Habour, North Auckland, Devonport, Milford, East Coast Bays, Hibiscus Coast, Whangaparoa, Rodney District, Albany, Nth Shore, Auckland Cbd, Manukau City