Grout Cleaning Done Easy: Do’s and Don’ts
Keeping clean grout is very important for lengthening the life of tiled areas. Read on for some essential tips to keep in mind as you clean your grout.
- DO NOT be impatient. It takes a while for the cleaners to work and sometimes you may have to re-clean some spots.
- Using more chemical than required is harmful to the grout & will cause it to decay faster.
- DO NOT combine bleach together with ammonia cleaners because doing this makes a deadly chlorine gas.
- DO NOT use strong chemicals. They can damage the grout. Use the most mild cleaner first slowly increasing the level as needed to remove spots.
- DO NOT use acid based cleaners (such as vinegar & ammonia) for regular cleaning. Too much use of acid cleaners can cause discoloration. However, they are powerful at tough stains, but start with a mild solution increasing the ratio of cleaner to water as required.
- DO NOT work with a cleaner that has added color to it. This can stain your grout.
- DO get the area wet prior to beginning to scour the grout. You need to give the water or other cleaning solution some time to work before scrubbing.
- DO apply certain form of disinfectant for killing bacteria, germs, mold, and mildew. In case they are not killed, they could eat into the grout shortening its life.
- DO consider special care of the grout, only scrubbing it if necessary. Make use of as soft a brush as will get the job done.
- DO dry the area thoroughly when you are done cleaning. This will defer mildew and mold from recurring as soon.
- DO work with a cushion or pad to kneel on if you haven’t done your grout cleaning for quite some time.
- DO seal your grout regularly (once or twice each year). This will protect against further dirt & mold from getting in the grout making maintenance less difficult.
- DO enjoy a great time cleaning! Cleaning your grout can be a chore, but you can savor the grout cleaning process.
- It will be of great benefit when you are done. And don’t forget to have your grout sealed to help ease your cleaning problem.
Carpet Cleaning Auckland 09-489 5599
Carpet Cleaning Auckland has proudly been providing professional carpet cleaning services in the following Auckland areas since 1987:
Manukau, Howick, Pakaranga, Botany, Panmure, Ellerslie, Mt Wellington, Penrose, Greenlane, Remuera, Newmarket, Epsom, Mt Roskill, Mt Albert, Manurewa, Botany, East Tamaki, Otara, Dannemora, Otahuhu, Onehunga, Papatoetoe, Pukekohe, Papakura, Mangere, Manerewa, Parnel, City, Hernebay, Ponsonby, Pt Chev, New Lynn, Henderson, South Auckland, East Auckland, West Auckland, North Shore Auckland, Eastern Bays, Eastern Suburbs, Western Suburbs, Manukau City, Waitakere City, Cbd, North Shore, Shore, Waitakere, Te Atatu South, Te Atatu Penisula, Auckland City, North Shore, Glendene, Glen Eden, Titirangi, Massey, Greenhieth, West Habour, Hobsonville, Orewa, Brownsbay, North Shore, Glenfield, Birkdale, Birkenhead, Takapuna , North Habour, North Auckland, Devonport, Milford, East Coast Bays, Hibiscus Coast, Whangaparoa, Rodney District, Albany, Nth Shore, Auckland Cbd, Manukau City